Its 5 days until this family leaves for Florida and I AM PUMPED. Our trip kind of came about out of nowhere-maybe about a month ago? I’m not sure, but I promise I will fill you in on that later. For now, let’s get in Disney happy mode and make some fun Minnie Ears!
I love to make things myself whenever possible, and I am so excited to share this DIY with you. You only need a few supplies and they are easily accessible at Hobby Lobby+Dollar Tree. One set of ears should cost you less than $2.50!!!!!
- Wreath wire
- Hot glue gun
- Jute Twine
The hot glue gun I had on hand, and Hubby had the wire cutters. I also ALWAYS keep a stash of jute twine and use it quite often! Grab some on your next Hobby Lobby trip, and it should last at least a year for little projects like this.
The other items were SO CHEAP and easy to find! I got the wire wreath at Hobby lobby. I think it was $3.49 and you can use a 40% off coupon found online or in the weekly ad. I usually just Google “hobby lobby coupon” while I’m standing in line. Works great for me every time!
I grabbed the 3 pack of headbands and flowers at Dollar Tree. Just pick out a few of your favorite flowers and roll with it!
Ok now for the tutorial!
- Grab your wreath wire and start forming into a circle. If you feel like yours is a little wonky, wrap your wire around a large cup or small bowl. ( I made 3 different sets of ears and you will notice each ear has less loops. This one I wrapped 3 times. The second, I wrapped twice, and the third I wrapped once. I liked the one with 2 circles the best! )
- Snip the wreath once you have it a good size.
- Hot glue the wire wreath circles together and let cool. Then put a bead of hot glue on the outside and wrap your jute twine around the circles. I did mine in three different places, just because I liked the earthy feel it gave 🙂
- Wrap the ends of jute twine in a knot for some extra security and snip any extra off.
- Now you need to attach your ears to the headband. Place them where you like and attach a large bead of glue to the headband.
- Hold the ears to the headband while the glue dries. This takes maybe about a minute or less.
Next, I wrapped my glue spots up in jute twine. See below? It just covered the glue up a little better, and gave my ears some extra security! We can’t have any rogue ears, right?
By now, I am LOVING THE look and you could stop here if you please. Simple and Chic!
- I just started hot glueing from the outside-in. I put a flower on each side and then started working my way in. Glue at the base, and go crazy y’all!
Voila! Now you have awesome ears 🙂
Here are all 3 together–
Can you imagine how many different ways you could do this? Ivy around the ears, sunflowers, lilacs–the possibilities are endless! Let your little mind run wild and get creative girls. All 3 took me less than an hour, and that was with a few blips along the way. (I made one set of ears insanely huge and had to cut them down. Yikes. )
I saw these selling on Etsy for $30.00 -so this is a HUGE money saver for your trip! It would also be a fun craft to do together if you have little girls in the family. Get creative together!
Keep these in mind for your next Disney trip, and send me pics if you use this tutorial!
Make sure to pin on Pinterest for later!